Once you have arrived at the portal, you will be able to navigate to the Order page to begin the order process. Fill in the required fields to complete your order; we ask that you allow four (4) weeks for your kit(s) to be delivered.
Yes! You can also order a kit by calling 877.886.4239, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you receive an ‘ineligible’ customer message after entering the Order page and submitting your account number and ZIP code, please call 877.886.4239 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
When you order your kit(s), you’ll be taken to the checkout page where you can change your shipping address before completing your order.
We ask that you allow four (4) weeks to receive your kit(s) after ordering. For assistance, you may call 877.886.4239 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Upon receiving your FREE energy savings kit, if you find you have received any incorrect kit components for your home, please contact the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency team at 877.886.4239 Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm.
Each energy-saving kit includes:
• 1-2 Earth® massage showerhead(s)—1.5 gallons per minute (GPM); conserves 40% more water and energy while enhancing pressure, performance, appearance and luxury
• One dual-spray kitchen faucet aerator—1.5 GPM; swivel spray aerator with pause valve saves 30% more water and energy
• Two Econo bathroom faucet aerators—1.0 GPM; bubble spray model provides a full stream of water while using less; saves 55% more water and energy
• One roll of plumber’s tape—Used for quick sealing and lubricating of pipe threads of all sizes
Each weatherization kit includes:
• Adhesive foam weatherstrip—Self-sticking weatherstrip; fills small and irregular gaps in windows and doors (3/8 in. x 3/16 in. x 17 ft.)
• V-seal plastic weatherstrip—Self-sticking weatherstrip; automatically adjusts to seal gaps on one average window or door (7/16 in. x 17 ft.)
• Rope caulk—Seals gaps around windows and doors; just peel, place and press (6 strands of caulk – 1/8 in. x 5 ft. – 30 ft. total)
• Switch and outlet insulating sealers—Insulates and seals out costly drafts from switch and outlet plates (4 switch and 8 outlet sealers – 2 ½ in. x 4 in.)
• Door sweep—Self-sticking sweep; seals the gap between doors and the threshold (1.5 in. x 36 in.)
The weatherization kit items include installation instructions on the packaging or in the kit. The weatherstrip and door sweep only require scissors to cut the items to size, and the switch and outlet sealers only require a screwdriver to remove the wall plates. The rope caulk does not require tools.
The free kits that you order online are delivered to your home so that you can install the products yourself. If you’re interested in having the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program install the energy-saving kit items, schedule a free home energy assessment instead of ordering your kit online. With a free home energy assessment, an energy advisor will install the same products included in the kit, as well as assess your home’s energy usage and provide you with a customized report that includes recommendations on how to save. For more information, visit our assessments page.
At this time, the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program does not provide installation services for the weatherization kits.
If you need to make changes to an order after you’ve placed it, please call 877.886.4239.
We ask that you allow up to four (4) weeks for the delivery of your free kit.
Once your kit has shipped, you’ll receive an email confirmation at the email address you provided when ordering.
If you have questions about your order, please call the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency team at 877.886.4239 or email us at email@example.com.
The free kits are part of the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program. The Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program was established and is funded in compliance with state law.
In addition to free products, the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program offers rebates for energy-efficient equipment, home assessments and more. Find the complete list of our offerings here.